R. H. Evans. London. 1810, 1810.
NEW EDITION. The first Evans edition. 8vo. (7.6 x 5 inches). xxviii,352pp. A fine clean copy in attractive mid twentieth century leather binding, by T. F. Ford, of full brown calf. Spine decorated with gilt bands and piping and floral centre pieces in the compartments. Black label, gilt. Both boards with decorative border design in gilt and small black labels within a decorative design, lettered "T. F. F. 1943". Inner dentelles in gilt. Plain magnolia endpapers. Top edge gilt. A small neat ink note inside the rear cover states that the book was 'rebound by T F Ford 1943' and a neat five line inscription on the front free end-paper shows that the book was bound by Thomas F Ford, Architect and presented by his sons to Canon L B Tirrell on his retirement in November 1971. ---- 'Thomas Francis Ford. FRIBA (9 May 1891 – 11 January 1971) was a prolific ecclesiastical architect, Diocesan Architect for Southwark, an Ashpitel Prize winner at the Royal Institute of British Architects, founder of Thomas Ford Architects... Ford's hobby was book-binding, at which he excelled, including the intricate gold tooling'. Wikipedia.